This privacy statement sets out how mothercare.com.my will store and use information relating to you. This applies to the entire website. Any changes to these policies will be posted on the Terms and Conditions. mothercare.com.my is a trading name of Kim Hin Joo (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. mothercare.com.my is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our website so that, in general, you can visit the website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
mothercare.com.my is committed to protecting your privacy. We have taken all the essential measures to make sure that any information given to us, including credit card details, remains private and secure and that your payment and registration information is processed with total confidentiality. When you place orders or access account information, we offer the use of a secure server, SSL and in accordance with the PCI DSS security standard. They encrypt all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the Personal Data Protection Act, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally require proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive or other information to you. If you have any further questions about our credit card security policies, please contact us. Click on the contact us tab at the bottom of this page.
Note: If you still have questions about shopping online, but want to enjoy the benefits of shopping at mothercare.com.my, contact our Customer Care team using the contact links provided on this website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- When you order products, we will collect your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information.
- When you register with us to receive our monthly newsletter or details of offers or products we will collect your e-mail address and mobile number. You can also provide us with more information about you and your family so that the details of offers and products we send to you will be more suited to your circumstances.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To manage and verify your membership of our customer loyalty scheme where applicable
- To analyse the use of the mothercare.com.my website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures.
- To send promotional e-mail about new products, special offers and services or other information for mothercare.com.my, Global Product Solutions, any other companies within the same group of companies and selected third party companies which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided unless you have asked us not to do so when you registered as a user on this site.
- To respond to requests or complaints
- To process exchanges or product returns
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail or phone.
Who we share the information with and your choices
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries and parent company, subsidiaries of the same parent company, or our successor in business unless we have your permission or are required by law
When you provide any information online, you should look for the box which you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes. If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing to us at: [email protected]
If you are opted into mothercare emails and wish to change your preferences, you can do so by logging into 'my account' at anytime.
If you wish to unsubscribe from email communications from mothercare you can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email received, or else, amend your preferences when you log into 'my account.'
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They make your online interactions faster and easier.
Types of cookies
On this website we use two types of cookies:
Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies which are stored during your browsing session. They are automatically deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser.
Some of the things we use session cookies for include:
- allowing you to move from page to page on our website
- remembering what you have in your shopping basket
- allowing us to take payment for and complete your order
Some of the things we use persistent cookies for include:
- remembering your journey around our website
- remembering your preferences when you come back to our website
- allowing you to interface with social media sites
Cookies we use
The table below contains details of the cookies we use and why. The data we collect and record via cookies are completely anonymous. The data will never contain any of your personal details.
|Google Analytics||Collects information about how our visitors use our website. We use this information to help us improve the website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form such as the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Facebook Cookies / Tracking Pixels||Collects information about how our visitors use our website coming from Facebook. Their usage pattern and behaviour which would enable us to make their browsing easier.|
How do I manage cookies?
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through your browser settings. You can check how to manage cookies by clicking on the link below which relates to your browser:
If your web browser is not detailed above or you are using a mobile device, please consult your user manual or online help guide for details on how to control cookies. To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please remember that all of the links above are third party websites. We do not endorse them and are not responsible for their contents.